Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lupone in Gypsy

As a very last minute decision this afternoon in efforts to continue my procrastination on finishing up my final school work for the semester I bought a student rush ticket to see "Gypsy" on Broadway. It's been a while since I've seen a Broadway show and this was one I was less familiar with (I must have seen "Chicago" a hundred times...and maybe "Chorus Line" 20 or so..haha) so I thought I'd treat myself.

Wow.

First of all, student rush tickets are great because even though they're usually partial view, they are SO close to the stage. I was in one of those box seats you think the rich people get, like right next to the wings. Yes, partial view, but full view of backstage, haha, which I enjoyed.

The show was great. Patti Lupone is amazing. She made her entrance and literally they had to freeze frame the show and stop for the applause for a good 5 minutes or so. What power.

I'm glad I went...but now it's back to work...so much to do over the weekend since the semester ends next week, along with some performances to review, rehearsal, and so on. No more distractions til it's all done...

No comments: