Monday, October 6, 2008

costumes!

This morning I headed out to Queens to pay a visit to the Radio City costume warehouse for my fitting. Exciting!

One of the first things that caught me so off guard with this whole Radio City business is that I can get exactly what I want. No, seriously!

What I mean is, starting with my pointe shoe order, they asked for every specification possible that I wanted for my shoes. I've always been a "go with the flow" kind of person. I grew up just going with whatever option was there, never thinking twice about wanting something bigger or better or whatever if it caused extra trouble. In my performing experiences, same thing: whatever size is available, I'll make it work. Share costumes with the other cast? No problem, I'll adjust. No more small hats? I'll bobby pin a bigger one.

Here, I get what I want! It's throwing me for a loop, haha. They ask me certain things and I want to say, oh, whatever you have is fine. But they need an exact answer, haha. And today, at my costume fitting, I had three dressers pinning and poking and prodding for an hour to make sure all of my costumes fit to a T. No wonder show biz folks become spoiled divas!

Anyway, I tried on all of my costumes (except for whatever my 'nutcracker' costume will be...I'm guessing a bear suit...) but everything is SO cute! I love them all and can't wait to actually dance in them. One that's particularly great...

A Santa Fat Suit (ohhh yes)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Taylor,

It's Jocelyne. I am so happy and excited for you. I can't wait to come and watch you perform at Radio City. Sooooo proud of you! Thanks for showing us the clips.

tutu,