Tuesday, October 7, 2008

so long, internship!

I don't think there has been one time in my life where I felt like I was making a sacrifice of "real life" conventions for my love of dance. Of everything I've given up (real high school, real prom, in some ways real college...) I have no regrets, and today was no different.

I spent my last day at my new internship today - new being the ironic word, haha. I've been there 3 weeks and last week had to share with them my exciting news about Radio City, which meant I'd have to leave. It was in the publicity department at a major book publisher owned by Barnes & Noble. Not exactly what I want to be doing in publishing eventually (magazines are more me than books, and editorial is my niche rather than publicity) but it was a really great opportunity. I'm very thankful for the short time I spent there, and I did learn a lot. But I was so ready to say goodbye tonight and say hello to rehearsals on Thursday!

Over the past week or so I've tried to take care of all pending responsibilities so that I can give the show my complete focus come Thursday. For the most part, I've done that. Obviously I still have school to worry about but besides that, most everything is ready for me to get dancing!

I really can't wait for Thursday morning when we start. I've been told our first day is to learn the "Nutcracker" section, so at least that's up my alley, haha. I am actually starting to get a bit nervous for it all though...I was looking through the cast list and many of the other dancers are way older and WAY more experienced (some were in Movin Out on Broadway, one is a beauty queen, many have nearly 10 years on me!) but I'm sure I'll deal. Once I get into the swing of things the nerves will disappear...it's more excitement than stress anyway!

1 comment:

kathy with a k said...

What a great thing to be nervous and excited about! Enjoy!