Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Xmas Rehearsal Day 10: Piece It Together

Today was a LONG day.

In the morning, we ran through the entire show with the whole cast. Stopping to piece everything together, it was tough but exciting to see everything starting to come together even more. It was our first time to see all of the Rockette numbers, including Parade of the Wooden Soldiers and the tap-intensive 12 Days of Christmas. Those girls are a-ma-zing.

After lunch we continued to run through things and go through pages and pages of notes and corrections. At 5pm everyone but us in the ensemble called it a day, and we continued to clean through different dances.

So we got out at 6pm, which was the time I was supposed to be 20 blocks south at school for a midterm exam. I RAN out of rehearsal and luckily hopped in a cab right away but rush hour traffic made me late, of course. The actual exam didn't start til a bit later so I only walked in on a lecture. With my brain half in Christmas dance land and half in memorizing accounting terms for my test, I was a bit of a mess, haha. Perhaps not the most effective way to go into an exam. Usually people prefer a clear mind and a full stomach. But I actually felt okay about the test (thanks to a crash study session last night) and finished way early.

AND, being the crazy overachiever that I am I decided that since I finished with lots of time to spare I'd run and try to make it to ballet class at 7:30. Unable to get a cab (which probably would have taken longer anyway) I literally sprinted across town and made it with 5 minutes to spare before plies :) Haha. I'm glad I went though. My body goes from sooo warm to sooo cold during rehearsal when we dance and sit and dance, and working through barre and class actually makes it feel better. I think that's why I haven't been nearly as sore as I expected to be (thus far...knock on wood).

Anyway, tomorrow is another long day of rehearsal plus school at night, but no exam. In the morning, we're doing a full run through without stopping so it will feel like a real show. Yay! And I believe in the afternoon we'll get to watch the other cast run it through. It's our last day of rehearsal in the studio!!!!!!!!!! Gosh this is going by fast. Theater on Saturday!

No comments: