Thursday, December 23, 2010

Good News & Bad News

First the good news...
Off Center has made it to the final voting round of Dance Advantage's Reader's Choice Top Dance Blogs 2010! I'm entered in the Dancer Musings category, competing now against Miami City Ballet dancer Rebecca King's blog, Tendus Under a Palm Tree (we're both Rock School alumni!), and Norweigen ballet dancer Henrik's blog, Tights and Tiaras. And then I'm also in the Top 20 category, currently at #3! Exciting!

A HUGE thank you to friends, family, and loyal blog readers who commented on my initial competition post and helped me make it through the comment round! I truly appreciate everyone's effors and support for the blog...it means a lot! But now I'll need more help :) Starting Monday December 27 at 10am EST the final voting round begins. You'll be able to vote only once, for one blog in each category. So...consider Off Center! I'll post voting details and links as soon as they're available, but just a heads up :) You can see the list of competitors in other categories here (it's fun to explore new blogs!)

The bad news...
After taking a week and a half of from dancing per PT's orders, the stupid foot is still hurting. Last night my physical therapist decided it may now be peroneal tendinitis, and so he's going to try to treat it as if that's what the continued pain is until I see the doctor again in January. But...ugh! I'm teninitis = inflammation. But I don't know what I'm doing to keep it inflamed if I'm not dancing?! The solution for this is rest and ice, which I've been doing for way too long now. So frustrating to not have this nearly 4 year old problem solved even post-surgery :/ Whatever - my Christmas present to myself is taking ballet class on Christmas night!

No comments: